Social Security Disability or Supplement Security Income for Kidney Disease: Part 1
If you are at the end-stage of renal failure (also named Chronic Kidney Failure or Chronic Renal Failure), which you can be eligible for Social Security Disability Income Benefits or Supplemental Security Income Benefits whenever your condition is severe.
How Social Security Disability Evaluate Kidney Disease?
Social Security Disability examine your kidney failure under the blue book disability listings for “genitourinary” impairments. In order to be granted disability benefits for blue book listings, however, in some cases where any of the following is present:
- serious complications of kidney disease
- the need for regular dialysis
- reduced glomerular filtration combined with symptoms of damage
- nephritic syndrome, or
- completion of a kidney transplant.
Below we will discuss each of these situations. However, you do not have any of the above problems, even if you still cannot work due to kidney failure, you may be able to win your disability benefits if you are able to show Social Security Disability that your condition causes limitations preventing you from working. More of this subject will be mentioned below. But first, we will view the Social Security official disability listings on kidney failure.
Chronic Kidney Disease
Here are some Social Security Disability Blue Book Listings 6.03, 6.04, and 6.05 may be granted automatic disability for your poor kidney function caused by any chronic (not acute) disease if you have one of the following is present:
- reduced glomerular filtration.
- ongoing peritoneal dialysis (a method of hemodialysis that involves dialyzing solution being put into and removed from the peritoneal cavity intermittently or continuously)
- kidney transplantation, or
- ongoing hemodialysis (the removal of toxins from the blood with an artificial kidney machine).
In order to reduce glomerular filtration can display by determining levels of serum creatinine which is a natural product of muscle metabolism, low creatinine clearance
Step by Step Guidance
Check out our step by step guidance eBook to save you some time and confusion in areas where you may struggle.
Please feel free to write a comment or feedback in the website blog page.